A one-day retreat that looks at child loss through the lens of our Catholic faith, with Our Lady of Sorrows as our example
Saturday, April 30, 2022
You are not alone
Join other bereaved mothers for real talk about the pain of losing a child from miscarriage, stillbirth, or death from infancy through adulthood.
We’ll talk about:
- Why it might be hard to pray
- Dealing with unanswered questions
- Feelings of isolation and loneliness
- The strain on our other relationships
Lean into our Faith
Together we’ll share:
- A beautiful Latin Mass
- Lessons from Scripture
- Lessons from Our Lady of Sorrows
- A blessing from the priest for mothers who have lost a child
- Encouragement from the Saints
Healing and Hope
- The unexpected aspects of grief
- The lingering effects of trauma
- Practical tools for healing
- The challenge of NFP after loss
- An eternal perspective on suffering
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||Latin Mass in a beautiful Personal Parish of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter (FSSP)|
|10:00 – 10:20 AM||Coffee and refreshments in the rectory basement during registration and welcome|
|10:20 – 11:15 AM||Session 1 – Unexpected Elements of Grief and Trauma|
|11:15 – 12:15 PM||Small Group Discussion and Creative Activity – |
Make a keepsake with your child’s name
|12:15 – 1:00 PM||Catered Luncheon|
|1:00 – 1:30 PM||Session 2 – The Church’s Teaching about what happens to unbaptized babies|
|1:30 – 2:15 PM||Session 3 – Our Lady of Sorrows as an Example to Grieving Mothers|
|2:15 – 3:00 PM||Prayer together – The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows|
|3:00 – 3:45 PM||Session 4 – The Gifts that Come by Way of Suffering|
|3:45 – 4:00 PM||Wrap up and Dismissal|
The retreat will be held at St. Stanislaus Church in Nashua, NH
The church’s address is 43 Franklin Street, Nashua, NH.
There are several hotels nearby, should you choose to stay overnight in Nashua or the surrounding area.
Please note that because this church is an older building, there is not currently handicap accessibility to the rooms in which the retreat is to be held.
“I learned so much more how to grieve with an eternal perspective thanks to this wonderful retreat“
“I finally felt like I was in the presence of someone who wasn’t judging me or trying to fix me. THANK YOU“
“I love the [Praying With] Our Lady of Sorrows book!”
“I am blown away by the impact this retreat has had on me.“
“I love the handouts, especially the graphic for grief and how it can manifest in so many different emotions and be all over the place. It’s helpful to understand what trauma is.“
“Your openness in sharing your story was very moving and helpful for considering my journey. Loved the art/creative time as well as opportunities to share with the other women.“
“Eileen offered expertise, compassion and many tools to help and heal the pain.“
Registration includes :
- Lunch and refreshments
- All retreat materials and picture frame
- A copy of Eileen’s prayer book: Praying with Our Lady of Sorrows
- Access to a Spotify playlist of music called “Holy Grieving”
- Ongoing support through access to an online members-only community and bi-weekly live video chats
- …and more!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Eileen using this contact form.
Present in the Pain Retreat – Nashua
One-day retreat on April 30, 2022 in Nashua, NH
Space is limited, so don’t wait to register!
Registration will close on April 23, 2022 or when capacity is reached.