A one-day retreat that looks at child loss through the lens of our Catholic faith, with Our Lady of Sorrows as our example.
Saturday, October 30, 2021
You are not alone
Join other bereaved mothers for real talk about the pain of losing a child from miscarriage, stillbirth, or death from infancy through adulthood.
We’ll talk about:
- Why it might be hard to pray
- Dealing with unanswered questions
- Feelings of loneliness
- The strain on our other relationships
Lean into our Faith
Together we’ll share:
- A beautiful Latin Mass
- Lessons from Our Lady of Sorrows
- The church’s teaching on our babies as saints in heaven
- Encouragement from the Saints
- Lessons from Scripture
Healing and Hope
- The unexpected aspects of grief
- The lingering effects of trauma
- The challenge of NFP after loss
- Hope for the salvation of adult children
- An eternal perspective on suffering
|9:00 – 10:00 AM||Latin Mass in a beautiful Personal Parish of the |
Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter (FSSP)
|10:00 – 10:20 AM||Coffee and refreshments in the rectory basement during |
registration and welcome
|10:20 – 11:15 AM||Session 1 – Unexpected Elements of Grief and Trauma|
|11:15 – 12:15 PM||Small Group Discussion and Creative Activity – |
Make an ornament with your child’s name
|12:15 – 1:00 PM||Catered Luncheon|
|1:00 – 1:30 PM||Session 2 – The Church’s Teaching on our Babies in Heaven (presentation |
from Fr. John Brancich, FSSP)
|1:30 – 2:15 PM||Session 3 – Our Lady of Sorrows as an Example to Grieving Mothers|
|2:15 – 3:00 PM||Prayer together – The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows with a |
Litany of Saints that includes the names of our children
|3:00 – 3:45 PM||Session 4 – The Gifts that Come by Way of Suffering|
|3:45 – 4:00 PM||Wrap up and Dismissal|
The retreat will be held at St. Stanislaus Church in Nashua, NH
The church’s address is 43 Franklin Street, Nashua, NH.
There are several hotels nearby, should you choose to stay overnight in Nashua or the surrounding area.
Please note that because this church is an older building, there is not currently handicap accessibility to the rooms in which the retreat is to be held.
Registration includes :
- Lunch and refreshments
- All retreat materials and ornament
- A copy of Eileen’s prayer book: Praying with Our Lady of Sorrows
- Access to a Spotify playlist of music called “Holy Grieving”
- Access to an online members-only community of retreat participants from this and other Present in the Pain retreats
- …and more!
Only 20 spots available. Register today!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Eileen using the contact form.
Present in the Pain Fall Retreat Registration in Nashua, NH
Registration for the in-person, one-day retreat on Saturday, October 30, 2021 at St. Stanislaus Church, 43 Franklin Street, Nashua, NH. All sales are final.