He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3
Registration for the next Present in the Pain retreat begins June 19, 2021.
Register before July 1 and save $20!
Retreat launches July 12, 2021
A Catholic healing retreat specifically for grieving mothers, Present in the Pain will take a look at our experiences of loss through the lens of our Faith, drawing on the example of Our Lady of Sorrows as a fellow grieving mother.
If you have experienced the loss of a pregnancy through miscarriage or stillbirth, or the loss of a child of any age, this retreat is for you. A bereaved mother myself, I hope to minister to your broken heart and accompany you on your healing journey while bringing you together with other grieving mothers who understand the intense and ongoing pain of this unique loss. Together, let’s explore how to be present in our own stories, how we can learn to trust God again with our broken hearts, and the ways in which our suffering can help us to grow.
The self-paced course will include topics such as
- Telling your story – how it heals the hurt
- The unexpected aspects of grief and trauma (includes a creative activity)
- When it’s hard to pray – learning to trust God again
- Dealing with unanswered questions: Why? What if? and What could have been?
- The Church’s teaching on babies who have died in utero or before the age of reason as saints in heaven (includes a creative activity involving our children’s names plus a live prayer time with a litany of saints that includes our children)
- The gifts of suffering – growth and an eternal perspective
Participants will have access to a private online forum where they can interact with other grieving mothers who are enrolled in the retreat. There will also be an opportunity to participate in a weekly video chat with me and any other participants who would like to connect in person.
The loss of a child can leave us feeling like strangers in our own lives, struggling to function under the weight of enormous grief and pain. My hope is to equip you with some helpful information, resources, and “tools” for your grieving toolbox that can help you to heal.
But the greatest thing this retreat can offer is accompaniment – from me, from other grieving mothers, from Our Lord, and from His Blessed Mother. Though you may feel alone in your pain, you are not alone. I want to reach out my hand from a little bit farther down the road of child loss, to walk beside you, and to show you what has helped me to navigate this sorrowful path.
I am really looking forward to being with you for this special time of discussion, creativity, prayer, and healing!